Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday 10/18/08 Progress!


Uncle Dave, up there roofin' away!
He's fast!
All but done in the back with the siding, still needs trim!
Looks good! Love the color!
All done with the roofing!!
Roof looks good!!
Today Uncle Dave and (my) David finished up the roofing on the porch and where it ties in together with the garage. They got it done in a matter of a few hours. Uncle Dave is fast at it!
They worked on the siding yesterday and just about have the back completed. Not sure what else Jason and his crew got done. Probably not much if anything at all. He's not overly fast, that's for sure.
I worked on staining again today. I finally got all the trim done, and I started in on the baseboard. Got to one bundle and it wasn't the right stuff, so I called Ray and he has to send it back. I still have to get the rest of the window jams to stain yet, they are coming soon. It was SO COLD today! I had on a sweatshirt, with the hood up and tied tight!! It was in the 40's and about 10-15 mile per hour wind! Needless to say, it was FREEZING!! So I didn't work to fast! :( We ordered pizza for lunch, and we called it quits around 3. We came home and I finally broke down and turned the heat on. I hated to do it, but we're freezing!!
When we got home we chilled out for a bit, then David's friend, Kevin and his son Nicholas came by. So when they left I decided I better get and mow the grass, it's been needing it! So I mowed the grass and David got a shower so he could watch the PENN STATE game. (Which as of now their losing! ) :( Cleaned up around outside and now trying to get warmed up!!

No comments: