Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Prep & PRIMER!!

Yesterday. The mortar got finished. (Still rather yellowish/tan)


David sweeping up the drywall dust off the ceilings and walls.
Today! Scafolding is gone!! I think it looks nice. It'll be better once the mortar lightens up even more, plus the black shutters need to go up yet!!
Love it!!
This evening when Jimmy and I got there. Getting the primer on!!
Dad S. & Jimmy cutting in.
3 musketeers priming!! =]
Working together!
Me, attempting to do it.
Giving it a try.
Photo op!! This is the "help me!!!!!" look!!
A little of the finished product.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today David and Dad S. got started in on the primer. It took alot longer than what David thought it would. They have the whole upstairs done when I got there tonight. I had to go pick up all the rest of the paint before I came over. Then my brother came so we worked on the downstairs. We got the office done and the entryway and I did the closet. It is ALOT harder than I ever thought it would be. Maybe it'll get better tomorrow. I doubt it though!! I ended up taking off tomorrow to try to help out. I feel bad they have to do it all. It's alot of work. Our torpedo heater the builders have downstairs is on the fritz, so it keeps shutting off because I guess it needs cleaned. They are supposed to have another one in there tomorrow. Their spares are in the shop right now for the same reason, so he has to rent one. We have to have on I know that! The windows are already dripping with condensation. Now it's the coldest it's been yet. It was 27 degrees this morning, and it snowed and layed even a little in the grass. So hopefully the primer we put up won't be frozen by morning!! LOL!!




















So much happening this week!! Besides paint, the HVAC is being hooked up. Trim and interior doors come tomorrow and will need stained and the doors painted. Garage doors are to go up. Dec. 8th the hardwood floors and tile go down in the bathrooms and kitchen, then the cabinets can go in!! Ahhhh.....so much to do!!!

2 comments:

Faithe said...

Looks great!! Sorry we had to leave before you got there yesterday...but now we can visualize each room when we see the pictures. Hopefully when we come the next time it will be ALL DONE and your things all moved in.

Anonymous said...

WOW! IT'S REALLY SHAPING UP! HOW'S THE ARMS FEELING? LIKE RUBBER I'LL BET! MISSED YA AT WORK TODAY :( BUT YOU'RE WHERE YOU NEED TO BE! THOSE MEN LOOK LIKE THEY NEED A WOMAN'S GUIDANCE *LOL*
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! YOU'LL BE IN THERE BEFORE YA KNOW IT.
P