Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Doctor's Appt. Update (39 weeks)



Today was my Doctor's appt. Since I didn't go in the 48-72 hours she thought last week! Any who... The update is that the heartbeat was still at 144 BPM. My blood pressure was 132/80, so down even a little from last week. And I had her check me again this week and I am "a good 4cm" dilated and 80% effaced. (was 3 cm and 50% last week) Didn't tell me the station of the head this time. I am assuming the "good 4 cm" means that maybe I'm really close to being 5 cm??
I asked about the contractions and she said they are different for everyone, but if I have anything that is rhythmic, to start timing them! I have had them, but they don't seem to stick around. Today I seem to have alot of pressure now too. I also asked if there is a time frame or a window of time to be able to get the epidural, and she said no. It depends more on your numbers. For instance she said it doesn't just depend on dilation. That and your effacement get taken into account. Good to know!! ;)
So, with that being said. She told me she'd be very surprised if I make it through the weekend. She highly doubts I'll make it to my due date, which is next Wed. July 6th. BUT, if I do, then I need to come to the next appt with a few induction dates in mind so we can evict this little one. So, that's the story for now, we'll keep ya posted!!

1 comment:

Kara Plank said...

Maybe Kaylynn will be a firecracker!? :D