Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We have walls!

We have 1st floor walls up!
Looking out the kitchen window.
Looking into living room.
Looking up through kitchen.
Looking out the front door.
office/ future playroom.
Laundry room.
Laundry room w/ door going out.
Kitchen/dining room.
Kitchen/dining room.
The future sliding glass door.
Looking into living room.
Well as you just saw, the 1st floor walls are up!! It is so exciting to see!! It's really beginning to take shape. They didn't work today at all, but it's their first day they have not been there since they started. The good thing is, is David and Dad S. said it's very solid. They were impressed with the quality of the walls. They were made off site at Your Building Center. The 2nd floor walls are already there, but won't be put up until Monday when the crane is scheduled to come back. I know they are supposed to block the garage soon and besides the 2nd floor walls going up next week they are going to set the roof trusses on Thursday, and start the sand mound. They are pushing to get these done so David can get on the roof to shingle. Now our work is going to be starting up.
I had a nice trip last night over there at the construction site. I tripped over a brace on the floor that is helping to hold the walls up and nearly fell out the opening for the sliding glass door. And in the process hurt my foot! My toes got smashed! I'm sure I'll live, just a bit sore though!! David said I need to pay more attention! I blamed it on my blonde hair! He also said no more sneakers for me there, I have to wear my boots. So that's about it for now on that!! The more gets done the more excited we get!! =]

No comments: