Saturday, August 16, 2008

Puttin in boxes!

The start of the sand mound.

Again.

Some of the backhoes.

Almost done!


Us "inside".

Started the garage.

The box I installed!! Go me!!





As you can see they started and almost finished the sand mound. They started blocking the garage. And put half of the "I" joists up for the second floor. All the 2nd floor walls and roof trusses are already on site to be used this week. David and Dad S. worked today on installing some electrical boxes. I had to work this morning, but I wanted to help! So after they ate lunch David and I went over and he helped me. It was my first time installing them. I used the bigger hammer first. He didn't think I'd be able to handle it. He told me Dad S. thought I should use the small hammer, or the sissy hammer, as I was calling it. I had to use the bigger one. It was fun! David was cracking me up. I don't think he thought that I could do it!! But I did! I think he was impressed! We finished the first floor boxes. This video finally uploaded! I've been trying to use videos on here for awhile and they won't upload! So I'm glad it did, it"s funny! (Although I hate seeing myself on there!) The 2nd one worked, the first video didn't. That was the one of my first box installation!! You get the gist.


This next week they are to finish the "I" joists and sand mound. 2nd floor walls going up, pouring the basement floor, and roof trusses on yet this week. We'll see. Seems to be going a bit slowly. So far we are not overly impressed with our excavator. They seem to do a decent job, but they have poor attitudes. Hopefully it gets better. Such small details are emerging that it seems we didn't really think about, but we'll get through it. Sometimes we think we bit off more than we can chew, but I'm sure it will be fine. Like I said exciting, yet scary. But that's where we are now!


**~If anyone happens to know where we can get shale or clean fill, please let us know!!! **~Thanks!! :) **~

2 comments:

Faithe said...

Way to go, April. Till this is all done, you'll be a pro!! (By the way, I liked the video.) That's the size hammer I use. HA
Keep the pictures coming; it helps us know what's happening. EXCITING!!!

Unknown said...

I love watching the progress on your house. I'm a bit jealous but happy for you both. Maybe one day we'll build our dream house. Well, we finally joined the world of blogging and would love for you to check us out sometime. Miss all you PA guys :( Hopefully we'll be able to squeeze a Christmas visit in and get together with everyone. Of course we'll want everyone to meet our new addition. Take care!