Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Up, up and away!

We have a garage and 2nd floor!
We have a basement floor!
From the back.
Back of house/garage.
Today the crane came and set the 2nd floor walls. They also did the garage, and poured the basement floor. I showed up while they were still working today. They are going to work late the next few days. The first two weeks in September they will not be there at all the GC is going on a hunting trip, so we are supposed to be able to work on "our" stuff then. At this point I really don't know what to think about this whole building process. You want them to be doing things right and making sure their not ripping you off for what your paying for, yet your sort of at their mercy in a way. We are at work when they are there working. Granted Dad S. is there to be keeping an eye on things, which is a HUGE help. But yet some things are already not making us to happy. I CANNOT wait until this is DONE!!! I hope we never have to do this again! It's fun and cool to a point, then it's just stress and headaches!! I know once we're in we'll be glad we built it to our specifications and needs, but right now we're about crazy with all that's going on.
David is working a 2nd/3rd shift split for awhile at a school about an hour away. It's rate work which is helpful in the moo-lah department, plus it's 4-10hr days so he has Friday's off. Which will help with working on the house. It's difficult though because we don't see each other and with building our house we have to try and relay all these messages and make sure we're on the same page. I know it helps out greatly for him to work like this and we're grateful that his boss would consider him for the job first, we just hate being apart. And not only do I not like being home alone and not being able to sleep, but I know it bothers David I'm here alone at night. This will probably go on through September. I am taking off this Friday also to get some things done and so my car can go to the garage. Apparently I desperately need roters and brakes!! I think soon I would lose my brakes coming down the mountain, it shakes really bad!! So that, and some other errands. David already has off so hopefully we can get some things done this weekend. I ask again that you continue to pray that things go smoothly during this very stressful building process!! Thank you!!!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's neat to see the progress. Love all the pictures. We've never built, but I can see why on one hand it is exciting and on the other it is stressful. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.