Tuesday, August 2, 2011

3 Weeks Old Today!

Daddy and Kaylynn time.
Got this vibrating bouncy seat from my Mom to use and today was the first to use it and she went right to sleep!! Yea!! :)
Oh, look at that red hair!!
***********************
Just an update on how things are going. I am doing much better. It's not easy, but I'm getting through. She's doing good. She cranks up every now and again and nothing seems to console her. She has had two pretty good nights in a row. We are trying our best to get her sleeping through the night because when I go back to work it will be hard if we don't. With me always working crazy overtime we have got to get her sleeping longer through the night. Last night we fed her at 9pm, down by 9:40pm. She went right to sleep (thankfully!!) and she was up at 2:00am to eat, but then she was up again for a 5:00am feeding before David leaves for work. But hopefully between the 9pm feeding and the next one we really hope she could push through longer. She's been eating anywhere from 2-4oz, just depends. But at least she is sleeping at all! We are really exhausted.
It has been a big adjustment to our family. I think for me, that might be one of the biggest hurdles. I am trying to find my new "normal" with David AND Kaylynn. It seems like as soon as he gets home, it's time to go to bed and for him to leave again! But, I'll figure it out. It's coming, slowly, but I will.
Her 2nd Doc appt. they said she was healthy and to come back in 2 more weeks to get her next Hepatitis shot. Then she'll go back in a month from then and she'll get like 4 or 5 shots. :( Mommy and Daddy are NOT looking forward to that!! The other day her umbilical cord finally fell off so we are able to give her regular baths now!! Yea!! :)

No comments: