Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My 1st Mother's Day

This year was my first official Mother's Day. Although some of the day I spent coming home from our Anniversary trip, I just spent the day with little Miss Kaylynn.  The more I come out of the grips of post pardum the more I am enjoying being a Mommy. When I see her face light up when I get to the babysitter's to pick her up, When she says "Ma, Ma, Ma", and so many other random things she does to brighten my (our) day.  She melts my heart and I always tell her "My cup runneth over."  I am just enjoying my days with my little redhead before these days of her being little are over. 
Thursday when I picked her up from the babysitter, she gave me this flower in the cup, and this paper. (Kaylynn made, LOL!)  Now, she did say that Kaylynn held the marker and made the dots (with help, obviously) on the cup and she said while she was making the paper Kaylynn held the bluebird the whole time, so she decided that that was what she picked so she uncrinkled it and glued it on. I loved this kind of stuff! And I will treasure it forever!



~Also, this is the first Mother's Day without Mom.  So hard to believe she's been in Heaven for soon going to be 7 months.  There are some days it just hits you right in the stomach that she isn't here.  Especially because Summer was her time for flowers and planting. This is something we did together at times and the memories come flooding in.  Tonight when I was out watering mine, it almost brought me to tears.  I know she would have been going on about how nice they look, and which ones I picked to plant this year, and the different planters, etc.  She would be going all over getting hers ready.  Driving to Martinsburg to get them too. :)  And how she'd be so excited to see all the new things Kaylynn is doing, an how red her hair is. :)  Miss you Mom, more than ever! Happy Mother's Day! We love you!

No comments: