Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day & Happy Anniversary!

Happy Mother's Day to our Mother's, and to the soon to be Mother's!! Today is also David and I's 6th Anniversary. Alot going on in one day. I see as I get older how much I need my Mom. I do value what she has to say and need her probably more now than I ever did. Seems that way anyhow. With us being married, and starting our house and hopefully before to long starting a family, I need all the help I can get. We didn't always see eye to eye when I was younger, especially as I got to be a teenager. But I can see now why she did the things she did. And I appreciate her being a bit "tougher & stricter" than other parents. I am grateful she set rules and boundaries and I am who I am because of that. I feel that my morals and values are higher because of it. Although I didn't appreciate it at the time! I certainly do now! So, if any one who knows me or my family you know we don't "express" how we feel so this is kind of odd for me to actually be typing this out. But Mom, I am glad you did the things you did and I am thankful for you! Happy Mother's Day!!!
David and I went to the Olive garden Thursday night to celebrate our Anniversary. We hadn't ate there in years. It was Delicious!!! We got some cards, and had cake today at Mom S.'s. We actually didn't get each other anything, not even cards! So sad. But we did got to dinner, and all our money needs to go to the house! But we don't mind. We spent the weekend together. I can't believe it's been 6 years already! I love being married!
This weekend I didn't have to work! (YEAH!!) So Sat. David worked, (ha ha) and I started the task of trying to get yard sale stuff around. We have it piled up in our living room until this Sat. it's community yard sales here in Montgomery. Hopefully we can make some money. We went to my Mom's Sat. night. My sister's and brother was there. We stayed quite awhile after everyone left. My brother got a basset hound puppy, Tucker. He is SO CUTE!! His ears drag on the ground! In the one shot he got ahold of my camera strap and would not let go! So I got a picture in the process! Well, not to much else to report. We go to the bank tomorrow!


David and I on our wedding day. May 11, 2002.
David and my sister's dog, Daphne.
Tucker, had a hard time getting him to stay still!
Give that back!



2 comments:

Allana Martian said...

Happy Anniversary! Rob and I were married on May 11th, also. 17 years ago!

Kara Plank said...

6 years- wow. Congratulations!