Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shopping spree anyone?

Well, we are so excited to show you all our new furniture we ordered we can't wait until we get the house built to show you! We had pretty much knew what we wanted because we had looked quite a bit. We decided to order it now so we can start paying it down, plus the couch and love seat were on sale until the end of the month! So it made sense to us. We were at a local furniture store, Gary's furniture, which we found has excellent customer service and better and quality stuff! So we went Sat. between my working odd hours, and took a few hours to make a final decisions on what we wanted to do and make sure we're getting the best bang for our buck! We wanted quality furniture that will hold up to our future children. So, hours later and sitting on about every single chair 2 or 3 times we ordered everything. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to come in and they are going to hold it for us until we are ready, even knowing we haven't broke ground yet! Plus, they said they really appreciated our business! I don't know about you, but that means something to me that they even took the time to say it! It's rare these days!!
I had snuck my camera in to take pictures!! Anyhow, we ended up with a couch, love seat, rocker recliner chair, 3 bar stools, kitchen table-including 6 chairs and 2 self storing leaves- and a hutch!! It sure came with a nice price tag too, but worth it!! We got the bar stools to match the chairs, I didn't get a picture of that but you get the idea! The chair we ordered in a different fabric called khaki. The hutch is so cool! The hinge on the outside of it turns the light on the inside which cycles 3 lights (low, med, high) I am getting very excited! We were going to have them made by the Amish but after MUCH discussion decided to go with this! I LOVE it! It's country, my style!!!
Anyway, besides that we are looking to have a contractor either the end of this week or next to get the ball rolling! Probably June or July we'll break ground. I was working MEGA overtime still which is great money, but exhausting!! We were told today that we will not be working Sundays and only 9 hours through the week because we are so tired they don't feel we are being productive. Some days I agree!! It's just becoming to much. You never have time for anything, can never make plans, so hopefully they will be able to stick to this!! Well, today being April fool's day no jokes here were played!! But the old saying April showers, bring May flowers is holding true, as we speak it's raining!!
Something else I am excited about is that my sister and I signed up to do some craft classes at Ben Franklin! She has been doing them and I have wanted to just never did. We went to look at April's crafts they have made up to look at, and picked 2 we liked! So, April 23, and 30 Wed. nights we are going to craft class! I will post the finished products! Well, enough of my rambling! Have a good week!! Check out our pictures, tell me what you think!! :)



Not leather! Actually cloth! Cool! Both ends recline, as well as the love seat.
Rocker recliner.
In this fabric, khaki.



Can hold my Phaltzgraph dishes. (probably misspelled!!)










1 comment:

Allana Martian said...

Nice stuff, April! The couch looks very comfy and I love the hutch. What made you decide to not go for the Amish furniture? I haven't seen anything they make that I haven't liked. I just can't afford it! lol! We have a very nice Amish furniture store here in Florida, believe it or not! I would love to have one of their great big tables that can seat 12!