Sunday, November 1, 2009

Curtains....and this & that

Well, some things are finally getting done around here! The retaining wall is basically done. David got our hot water heater wrap on. I ordered new braided rugs, mini blinds and a roller shade from JC Penney's. Everything came except the mini blinds. I love the new rugs! I need one more little one, but I got one for inside the front door and a runner for down the hall coming in from the garage. They look awesome in here! The color is "Tuscan clay."
Friday night I stopped at Target (my favorite store) to get a few things, well looked in the curtain section and actually found a bunch that I liked for once! So ended up getting all the curtains for upstairs!! We had discussed that we were only gonna do valances upstairs because we have the mini blinds. Maybe someday we'll add sheers or drapes, but for now I think these look fine and dandy! So, David got those all up for me yesterday. I also got a new hand towel ring and 2 red hand towels for the laundry room sink since they had put a shower towel rack by that sink. (DUH???!!! Did I mention our builders weren't to bright??) So David still needs to get that up yet, plus 2 clocks I got for in the 2nd upstairs bathroom and laundry room. We also need to get the hardware and trim on the cabinets! We also have a terrible rut all along our driveway and yard in the front from rainwater runoff that we gotta get fixed somehow too! We are trying to get all these things done before everyone comes in for Thanksgiving!
And on top of all that stuff I've been working a little overtime here and there and we're trying to get everything done here. And I went and lined up a side job for David for people I work with! It's a small electrical job because the other person quit, so they asked if David could come and finish up the job. I asked and he said yes, he would do it. It shouldn't be much work and they are gonna pay him well for it! But probably shouldn't have added this to our list of things "to do."
Well, besides what we have going on around the house here, not to much else is happening. Been spending a little more time out with friends lately which has been nice! I had a girls night out with Erin and April last Sat. It was nice to just sit and talk for a few hours. Then craft class this past week with my sisters, and then again yesterday w/ Jamie and Erin and then Mel's bridal shower! It's nice to get out every now and then!
We also purchased 2 Edenpure heaters from my cousin. She was selling them and we wanted at least one, and just so happened she was selling 2! So, we bought them both. This year since we're not having a Christmas with David's side of the family that allowed us to be able to get them! We just got the one out and turned it on! LOVE IT!!

My rugs. I love them!
Upstairs front bedroom.
Plaid, I wish they would have had more of these ones, but this is all they had.
Back upstairs bedroom. Mini blinds are on order and should be on there way.
Cream color.
Guest bathroom.
Sort of a shimmery blue. (The walls are tan, don't know why it looks pink here)
Our bathroom.
Brown and light blue. I thought David would hate this one, but he said he really liked it!
Our bedroom, and in the closet.
Shimmery dark red.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Love all the new updates to the house. Looking forward to seeing you guys in three weeks!!! By the way, love the plaid valences....we have the same ones in our family room except in drapes:) Target is my favorite store too:)

David and April said...

Tonya! Thank you! I really liked the plaid ones too! They had red ones to, but only had 1 and I needed 2. I cannot wait until yall come up either! We took off work so we are off the entire time everyone is here! Actually we took off even when Jenn comes! So we have off starting Friday night on the 20th and don't go back to work until Dec 1!! Wooo!

Unknown said...

Wow! Sounds like you all have been busy! Love the valances and the rugs. Your home looks lovely! Wish we were planning a trip North. Don't know when we will be able to come up. Too busy here with Wes pastoring and working in the school. I work two nights a week and even though it's flexible, it is hard for both of us to get our schedules to jive.